Sunday, November 26, 2006

Flame Angel


This is my pride and joy of the fish. The flame angel is stunning (at least I think so). I wanted one for the longest time... and finally on 3/5/06 I got one. Well, as a birthday gift (I did not want to spend the $'s). It has been doing fantastic in the tank. A limitation to having a reef tank is that a lot of fish species can not be in the same tank since they will eat and nib on your coral. Angels are classified in the "maybe is reef compatible" section ... so it can go either way. So I got lucky! In the picture you can also see a cleaner shrimp. They are a great addition to any tank due to colors and an amazing personality. They are curios scavengers and go crazy at feeding time going against fish and corals for food. Taking pics of fish is a painful task. My camera can't handle the movement most of the time. I need advise on that topic.

Quick Stats: Minimum Tank Size: 30 gallons; Care Level: Moderate; Tank Conditions: 72-78°F; sg 1.020-1.025; pH 8.1-8.4; dKH 8-12; Max. Size In Aquarium: Up to 4"; Color Form: Orange, Yellow; Temperament: Semi-aggressive; Reef Compatible: With Caution; Diet: Omnivore; Compatibility: View Chart; Origin: Christmas Island, Cook Islands, Marshall Islands, Tahiti; Family: Pomacanthidae.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello;

Having a piece of the big blue sea in the center of my living room sounds very inspiring. The freshness, the colors and the peacefull movements of the fishes is all I need to change my "La Vida Loca" life style.

Congratulations Abdiel.
AOB (Find out)